Monday, March 15, 2010

What are you looking for?

I lost my laptop charger a couple of days ago. This is quite a big deal to a college student who relies on a laptop for homework and social interaction, especially during midterms!
I searched in all the places I thought it would be: My backpack, my room and a couple other places on campus where I had used the charger last. I got by the last couple of days by using other people's chargers, but I was in a real pickle. Fortunately, after I had given up my search, the charger came back to me. I found it hidden under a bag of candy in one of the pouches of my backpack, the very same backpack I surmised to not contain the charger. I mistook the bulge of soft chewy peach candies as an innocent child who would never misbehave and hide my precious charger. Its not that I hadn't forgetten to look there. I just made an assumption that it possibly couldn't be there. And assumptions do much more than make asses out of you and me. They are reference points for us to interpret the world. So much of what we think is based on faulty assumptions that we can never be too sure about any complicated opinions. Sometimes, we just need to use the best informational available to make choices and have faith that we have chosen wisely. We must have even greater faith to know when those opinions need to be changed. As for the charger, that essential "thing" that provides energy and allows us to celebrate life, it does not need to be found. It is always right under our nose. It was always in the most logical place, it was always in the backpack. To find your "true" nature, stop trying to find it. You are looking for something you already have. Stop thinking you don't have it simply because you are not filling the potential that is inherent in us all. Adyashanti, Prem Rewat, Will Smith and Einstein understood this and so can you.

Will Smith says: YOU CAN HAVE A GREAT TIME WITH YOUR LIFE!!!! I love living, it is infectious because you can't fake living.

Greatness is not this wonderful esoteric, elusive, god-like feature that only the special among us will ever taste. It is something that truly exist in all of us. It's VERY simple.

THIS IS WHAT I BELIEVE AND I AM WILLING TO DIE FOR IT. THAT IS ALL I NEED TO DO. FROM THERE YOU JUST DO WHAT YOU NEED TO DO.

I believe we falsely think, it can't be that easy, we WANT it to be more complex because we are LOOKING for complexity. We think it can't be THAT easy.

We didn't grow up with the sense that where we were was where we were going be.
Where we were didn't matter, because we were becoming something greater.

MOST IMPORTANTLY: The fist step before anyone else in the world to believe is YOU have to believe it. There's no reason to have a plan B because it distracts form Plan A. There's a certain dilusional quality that all successful people [need] to have. You have to believe that something different than what has happened for the last fifty million years of history [can happen], you have to believe that something different can happen!

Confucius says: "He who says he can and he who says he can't are both usually right.

Watch Will's video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLN2k0b3g70&feature=related

Takeaway: History will only repeat itself if you let it. Discover the greatness you already posess!

No comments:

Post a Comment