Wednesday, March 24, 2010

SO YOU THINK YOU HAVE IT BAD?

Name: Nick Vujicic

Occupation: Motivational Speaker

Contact: http://www.lifewithoutlimbs.org/contact-life-without-limbs.php

Angle: Nick has no arms or legs but a whole lotta of love

Circle of Change: Worldwide

Trademark: “No Arms, No Legs, No Worries!”

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciYk-UwqFKA

Video Transcript:

There were times in my life when I said ‘well, I can’t do this and I can’t do that. And I kept on concentrating on the things I wish I had and all the things that I wish I didn’t have and I sort of forgot what I did have. There’s no point in my life where I said “I wish I had arms and legs, I wish I had arms and legs I wish I had arms and legs” because wishing won’t help. What I’ve seen in life in just a couple of key principles is that the first thing is to be THANKFUL. It’s HARD to be thankful. When I was eight years old I sort of summed up my life and thought I’m never going to get married, I’m not going to have a job, I’m not going to have a life of PURPOSE. What kind of husband can I be if I can’t even hold my wife’s hand? It is a LIE to think you are not good enough.

It is a LIE to think you are not worth anything. I LOVE LIFE! People ask me how I can smile so much and I say, well, it’s a long story, but it’s very simple at the same time. You see, it’s very hard to smile sometimes in life when things happen that you don’t like or understand. You don’t know if you are going to get through. You go through your storms in life and you don’t know how long your storms are going to last.

PATIENCE is beautiful. It is one of the hardest things. But I realize I may not have hands to hold my wife’s hands, but when the time comes I’ll be able to hold her heart. It is SCARY how many girls have eating disorders. It is SCARY how many people are just angry at life because of their situation at home. It’s SCARY to know how many people actually feel like they’re worth nothing. Every single girl, right here, right now, I want you to know that you are beautiful. You are gorgeous just the way you are. And boys, you the man! I have seen a new fresh perspective in life that has helped me overcome challenges, to be thankful, to dream big and TO NEVER GIVE UP.

No comments:

Post a Comment